- The Indigestible African Warrior Seed. Barriers to Bridges Magazine, June 2023
- Mainstream Media as Iago to our Collective Othello. Culture Matters, May 2022
- Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti, Heroine of the Nigerian Motherland Counterfire, October 13, 2021
- A Robeson-Influenced Prayer and Birthday Greeting from England. Counterpunch, USA, 22 April 2021 (first in Mumia Journal, 16 April, 2021)
- Why Paul Robeson’s Voice Still Rings True Today. in The Progressive, USA, April 2, 2021
- Staging Your Cases: One Artist’s Argument for More Creative Writing and Performance in Museums. Journal of the Museum Ethnographers’ Group no 34 Accepted Manuscript. Published March 2021
- Our Father, Ten Years in Heaven. Tribute to T.M. Aluko. In ThisDay, Nigeria, May 1, 2020
- “Greatness” In A Time of Covid, in Morning Star, April 27, 2020
- There’s something about that Jeremy Corbyn. Article for Morning Star, December 2019
- Lessons From the Remarkable Life of Paul Robeson, in Counterfire. Part 1; Part 2.
- Mapping Robeson: Review of No Way But This, by Jeff Sparrow, in Camden New Journal, December 2018
- Jeremy Corbyn: A threat to National Security (or Why I’m backing Labour). Published in MORNING STAR, June 2017
- Art As A Weapon to Defend the Oppressed Culture Matters, April 2017
- A Black Man Praises the Police. But P&O? That’s a Different Story. NERVE Magazine, May 2016
- Wilberforce? No Way! (Nerve 9)
- May ’49 Rumblings in Liverpool One (Nerve 11)
- The Rape of the Mother of Achilles (Nerve 12)
- A Christian Greeting to the Former Capital of Culture (Nerve 14)
- This Way for Titanic Housing
- Birth Defects at the Royal? (Nerve 24)
- On Langston Hughes. Dream Deferred (guest blog) December 10, 2014
- Paul Robeson and Me (guest spot) Wales Arts Review, 21 April, 2015
- On Performance and Protest. What’s On Stage, 7 October 2013
- Is This A Time To Consider Racial Equality In Theatre? The Guardian, 14 October 2013
- Diet of Homosexual Fish to Save Africa? Modern Ghana, 27 Dec 2012
- Grave and Present Danger (Morning Star, UK, May 2012)
- On travelling to America with Suspect Material Seattle, Jan 2010
- An Unpleasant Smell. Comment in Architects Journal, 15 June 2009
- Some Called Me Green, But At Last I’m Out of the Blocks. The Guardian, 31 May 2006
Peace Petals From Merseyside
The Face of Britain
It’s beginning to look a lot like Lagos.
Looters on high.
To Which God Do White Supremacists Pray?
Twenty Five Years Later.
Bird Song on a New Gut String.
“Greatness” In a Time of Covid.